DON'T PANIC! We know that vacations are not the best moment to be super strict with our diet or super strict with intense workouts, but it doesn't mean we cannot stay on track! Here are 6 tips to enjoy your vacation while staying on track.
Plan your meals. Decide what you’re going to eat for breakfast, lunch, dinner and snacks. Pre-deciding what’s on your meal plan makes it more easily to stick to it. If you have healthy meals prepared, you are more likely to stick to your convictions. If you’re going to a restaurant, read the menu before you go to avoid snap decisions you might regret later. If you’re hungry when you arrive at a restaurant, eat a healthy snack before you get there: 1. Choose lean meats, poultry, seafood. It’s better to order baked or roasted foods.
2. Choose foods that are low in fat, rather than ordering fries, choose a salad or steamed veggies instead.
3. Limit salt (sodium) intake.
4. Choose the right drink. Avoid beverages that are high in sugar and calories. You can substitute for mineral water or a diet soda.
5. Sauces and dressings, on the side. They can add a lot of calories, control the amount you eat.
6. Dessert. Share with someone else or order half a portion. Don't be like Joey. Everything in moderation!
Stay active. Move. Take the stairs, get as many steps as possible. It doesn’t mean forcing yourself to hit the gym. You can still workout on the same schedule but doing 30-minute workouts. Just keep movin
Intermittent Fasting. May help you stay healthy during the holidays. It helps counteract the effects of overindulging on junk foods.
Stay hydrated. Drink plenty of water throughout the day and ALWAYS before eating a meal.
Remember your why. Remember why you started. You started because you wanted a change. And that change requires real effort. Be honest with yourself.
Enjoy. Consistency is key and balance is king. It’s all about moderation. Eat well, work out, don’t be so hard on yourself and enjoy your time.
HAPPY HUMP DAY!